Answer is Yes, of course. Purchasing the product with shock feature does not make it obligatory to use the shock. You can just turn off the shock and never use it at all. Here are some tips that might be helpful for you in training the dog with no shock function.
Teaching your pup to understand their limits using beep and vibration modes without the need for shocks is also an effective approach👍🏻
Here are 10 pieces of advice to achieve this:
- Introduction and Familiarization: Allow your pup to get accustomed to the fence collar gradually. Let them wear it without activating the features initially.
- Positive Association: Pair the usage of the collar with the playtime, creating a positive association with the e-collar.
- Boundary Introduction: Walk your pup around the boundary, enabling them to hear the beep when approaching it. Use treats and praise when they respond appropriately.
- Reinforce Boundaries: When your pup approaches the boundary, let them experience the vibration mode gently. Reward them when they turn away from the boundary.
- Repetition: Consistently walk your pup around the boundary, ensuring they hear the beep and feel the vibration as they approach it. Reinforce the training with rewards.
- Off-Leash Training: Once your pup understands the boundaries on a leash, try off-leash training with close supervision. Use beep and vibration as gentle reminders.
- Observe Body Language: Watch your pup's body language for signs of understanding or discomfort. Adjust the intensity of the beep and vibration accordingly.
- Use Distractions: Introduce distractions gradually, such as toys or treats outside the boundary, and use beep and vibration to redirect your pup's attention.
- Positive Reinforcement: Always use positive reinforcement, like treats and praise, to reward your pup for staying within the safe zone.
- Consistency and Patience: Be patient and consistent in your training efforts. Each pup learns at their own pace, so allow time for them to grasp the concept.
By following these tips and using the beep and vibration modes responsibly, you can teach your pup to understand their boundaries effectively and safely. Always prioritize your pup's well-being and comfort during the training process.